IHA hosts three English shows during the show season. Our shows provide a relaxed, well run arena for our English riders. Choices of Equitation, Hunter, English Pleasure and Jumper divisions are extended to the riders. At our November Awards Dinner Dance, the top riders receive awards for their efforts during the past season. Our volunteers are the reason why the IHA English Show series is such a huge success. We work very hard to bring you a friendly and stress-free atmosphere on Show Day. Come ride with us!
New Volunteers are always welcome at our shows.
Please Contact Liz Saramago - IslipHorsemens.email@example.com
2020/2021 Directory of Sponsors
Advanced Automotive, Inc.
Babylon Riding Center
Cover All Feed & Supply
Crystal Brook Stable
Edward M. Schaentzler, DVM
Indian Head Ranch
Int'l Truck Parts & Equipment
J.D.S. Marble Dusting, Inc.
Jenny Guzzi/Lil' Bit's Farm
Mary Jean Baker
Mary's Pizza & Pasta
Meredith & Kevin Smith
Michael J Berger & Co, CPA's
Minieri's Parkview Riding Center
Paumanok Veterinary Hospital
R & G Hauling
Rider's Choice Saddlery
Ron Carmody, Farrier
Speak Easy Ranch
The Osborn Law Group
Thunder Hearing Services LLC
Changes for 2020/2021
Leadline will allow a side walker.
Changes for 2020/2021
Starting in 2020 Leadline and Pre-Special Beginner will not be eligible for High Point awards. This will not affect division award eligibility.
2021 English Dates
Sunday May 2nd
Sunday June 27th
Sunday July 25th
Rain Date September 12th
Pre entries, whether phoned or mailed in are due the Tuesday before the Show by 9 PM. No cash will be accepted on Show day. Checks or Money orders only.
Please scroll down for our Covid-19 protocols.
· Limit the booth to 1-2 people. Table(s) will also be set up outside of booth to ensure social distancing while participants check in if needed.
· Require all to wear mask when they are within 6ft of someone. Those mounted on horseback will be exempt from wearing masks.
· Masks will be provided to volunteers/participants if they do not have their own.
· The organization will only accept pre entries for events which will be paid electronically- no in hand payments (cash or check) will be allowed. Post entries will not be permitted for events.
· As per the NYS Agriculture Dept, only Nassau/Suffolk County residents will be able to participate in our events. All participants must be from the same area/phase in which the event is being held.
· The organization will provide enough office supplies (pens, pencils, clipboards, etc) in order to limit sharing of supplies.
· Signage will be posted from the CDC in reference to hand hygiene, social distancing, etc. Please see attached signage to be used.
· There will be no sale of food/drinks.
· Hand Sanitizer will be provided for volunteers/participants as the facility does not have hot running water. As per CDC handwashing rules, if using soap and water, water must be warm in order to properly disinfect.
· All surfaces (tables, etc) used for the event will be properly disinfected with EPA approved products. Any equipment used which requires use of multiple people will be disinfected in between use.
· Volunteers will be in-serviced on how to properly don/doff masks, proper hand hygiene and disinfecting surfaces. A video will be provided with review of the previously stated. Volunteers will then sign off on in-service stating they are competent.
· All volunteers/participants will be screened prior to entering the event. Waiver will also be signed stating that participants, if contracting COVID-19 cannot hold IHA or SCP liable. Please see attached form for Screening Questionnaire and Waiver. All questions will be asked verbally.
· IHA will document anyone who is non compliant with following the above rules. Anyone who is in non compliance will be asked to leave the facility.
· This Safety Protocol Guidance will be readily available at all times incase it is requested by government officials, Suffolk County Parks Dept, and/or participants.