Welcome to the Islip Horsemen’s Association Gymkhana Page!
Each year IHA sponsors 3 Gymkhana shows at the Bohemia Equestrian Center in which riders of all ages can participate and race against the clock for year end awards! We have a division for everyone…
Half Pint (Leadline & Buckaroo)
Junior Beginer, Novice and Open
Adult Beginner, Novice and Open
Check out below in the News section for a special 50th Anniversary class!
Gymkhana Show Series
Sunday April 24
Sunday May 22
Sunday July 10
Rain Date Sunday July 17
Jackpot Barrels & Pole Bending Show Series
Saturday May 7** CANCELED
Saturday July 16th
Saturday August 13th
Saturday October 8th
Please refer to this years Prize Book located at the bottom of the page for a few changes that have been made to this years show season.
All gymkhana entries will be done electronically through Google Docs. In order to complete your entry you will also be required to fill out the IHA Liability Release along with the Covid-19 Disclosure. Entry form and covid release can be found in the section below.
Jackpot barrels and pole bending shows- entries and payment (cash only) will be taken the day of.
You can find the IHA Covid-19 Safety Protocol on the Home page.
The IHA Gymkhana Committee thanks you in advance for your patience and cooperation during this time.
The date is approaching fast and we’re excited to everyone for the last show!
IMPORTANT changes to this years Prize Book....
1. The Secretary fee is being raised to $15.
2. We will be removing the “Green” division.
3. Although it is already a club General Rule, it will specifically be added to the prize book in both the Beginner & Novice sections that trainers are NOT ELIGABLE to ride in either of these divisions.
4. Riders cannot have their feet strapped into the stirrups due to safety reasons however rubber bands are ok.
5. It has been an unofficial rule but we will now be adding to the prize book that riders are NOT allowed to run into the shoot from the road. If so the rider will be disqualified.
➡️🌟6. We will be removing the speed restriction for beginners and replacing it with: Open to riders who have never ridden in a novice or advance/open division at any other discipline. For your discretion, if a rider is showing at jackpots and placing in the OPEN 3D or higher or showing in another discipline where they are cantering in a group then they DO NOT qualify for this division.