IHA hosts a Western Pleasure Show Series during the three summer months each year at the Bohemia Equestrian Center.
This series allows equestrians of all ages to showcase their horses and riding skills in a friendly, fun and supportive environment. Classes in Halter, Showmanship, In-Hand Trail, Western Horsemanship, Western Pleasure, Trail, Reining and a full slate of Ranch classes are offered in this series.
These stellar halter and performance horses, along with their handlers and riders, get to perform before judges who hold judges cards with the best breed organizations who are experienced in the many facets of western riding. As this is a schooling show, the judges often give the riders tips and encouragement to be better horseman, which in turn helps their equine partners perform their best.
2021 Horse Show Dates
Sunday July 11, 2021
Main Ring: Gary Thomas, NJ
Trail & Reining: David Thomas, NJ
**COVID Screening gets filled out the morning of the show.
Sunday August 1, 2021
Main Ring: Melissa Proulx, CT
Trail & Reining: Kennis Fairfax, NJ
Sunday September 19, 2021
Main Ring: Michael Spinelli, NJ
Trail & Reining: Stephanie Rome, FL
Rain Date: Sunday October 3, 2021
Thank you to all of our NEW and Returning Sponsors!
Hidden Pond Stables
Denis Murphy of RE/MAX Unlimited
The Muschenick Family
A Day at the Barn & Dawn Lomelo
Body Line Collision & Ray Lomelo
International Truck Parts
Pine Oaks Trucking
Janice Kryl of Long Island Horse Properties, Inc.
Team Trailerhood Horse Transportation
Mary Jean Baker
Advanced Automotive Inc.
The Piropato Family
Paumanok Veterinary Hospital
Indian Head Ranch
The Osborn Law Group
Entries after 9:00PM on Thursday Prior to Showing will be counted as post entries.
In efforts to maintain everyone’s safety and minimize the spread of Covid-19, the IHA Board of Directors has created a Covid-19 Safety Protocol & Manual.
All of the rules have been complied from the NYS Forward guidelines along with NYS Agricultural guidelines at the request of Suffolk County Parks Dept in order for us to host small events.
We thank you for your patience & understanding at this time!
• Limit the booth to 1-2 people. Table(s) will also be set up outside of booth to ensure social distancing while participants check in if needed.
• Require all to wear mask when they are within 6ft of someone. Those mounted on horseback will be exempt from wearing masks.
• Masks will be provided to volunteers/participants if they do not have their own.
• The organization will only accept pre entries for events which will be paid electronically- no in hand payments (cash or check) will be allowed. Post entries will not be permitted for events.
• As per the NYS Agriculture Dept, only Nassau/Suffolk County residents will be able to participate in our events. All participants must be from the same area/phase in which the event is being held.
• The organization will provide enough office supplies (pens, pencils, clipboards, etc) in order to limit sharing of supplies.
• There will be no sale of food/drinks.
• Participants on horseback will maintain minimum of 6ft apart.
• Hand Sanitizer will be provided for volunteers/participants as the facility does not have hot running water.
As per CDC handwashing rules, if using soap and water, water must be warm in order to properly disinfect.
• All surfaces (tables, etc) used for the event will be properly disinfected with EPA approved products. Any equipment used which requires use of multiple people will be disinfected in between use.
• All volunteers/participants will be screened prior to entering the event. Please see attached form for Screening Questionnaire and Waiver.
• IHA will document anyone who is non compliant with following the above rules. Anyone who is in non compliance will be asked to leave the facility.
•Anyone who is in non compliance with rules or did not sign up prior WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.